Pages

Monday, June 14, 2010

Why a Blog?

I've decided to jump on the bandwagon and put my two cents in.
Actually, I need something to help me process this process called life.
Maybe you need to process something too and this will help.
Maybe I desperately need your advice
Maybe I'll lose steam and quit making posts in a month.
In the last couple of months, since our 2nd son, Silas, was born, I've found myself with a renewed passion (or maybe a first time passion) to do this parenting this well. Not right, but well. I've made mistakes and will continue to, but at the end of the day, when my children are grown, I want to look back and feel like I did it as biblically as I could, given my sinful nature. I know in order for that to happen I not only have to have a renewed energy for my family, but a renewed energy for my own spiritual walk as well. So, I've been taking time to think and read and talk and now, write. I'm a slow learner and know that if I'll take the time to put what I'm learning into words, it'll probably sink in a little better. Why publish it? Maybe you can help me. Maybe you've got experience with what I'm processing and can encourage me or give some advice. Who knows? Maybe something I'm thinking through will help you.
Psalm 86:11-12 says:
Teach me your way, O LORD
and I will walk in your truth;
give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name
I will praise you, O Lord my God, with all my heart;
I will glorify your name forever.
I think I have a little ADD in me. I am easily distracted and have a hard time staying focused. I desperately want my focus to be on serving the Lord with an undivided heart and I think some of my other goals (such as parenting well) will fall into place. So here's to loving my God with all of my heart and all of my soul and all of my might! (Dt. 6:5)

No comments:

Post a Comment